Friday, June 20, 2008

Ohio makes me cry...

It's true, well not the actual state but their little program called medicaid. I have spent the last three days on the phone (or in the car, or online) trying desperately for someone to agree with what someone else had told me or even just talk to the right office so that my eight month pregnant self can get insurance! I have been transferred, put on hold, given a different number to call, hung up on, told to apply for one thing only for the next person (who they transferred me to) to tell me that it doesn't exist, I've been Lectured to about my irresponsibility for moving to a new state in my 3rd trimester and badly beaten and abused. So today (day number 3) I finally lost it. I cried, I've never cried on the phone like that! (I think I really freaked the operator I was talking to out) However, in some twisted sort of way, I was actually connected (eventually) to someone who knew what they were talking about! It's a little strange and probably completely cruel but the water works worked. *Sigh* who doesn't love bureaucracy? I just hate that I was pushed that far. I cannot tell you how many people were completely rude with me on the phone because I was talking to the "wrong" person. Yikes, I'm sorry, some other person who had no clue transferred me to you! Please forgive my ignorance. Anyway, long story short, if you EVER find yourself in my situation don't let it go to tears, I've kept ALL the numbers, I'll send you to the only nice, competent person I've spoken with, I'm sure she'll take care of you! Good Grief!

No comments: