Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's a special day...


 I've been saving that obnoxious bow just for this day! Happy St. Patricks day!!! Thank you Grandpa Bates (and perhaps some other mystery person on my dad's side, Help me out here Dad...) for a claim on this Irish holiday. While I may be a very small percentage Irish (and my children even smaller) I love this day. Beside loving the color green, it's just kinda cool to celebrate my cultural heritage for a day. Yea for that tiny island on the other side of the pond, I love your hills and your cheerful accent, I love your corned beef with cabbage and fish and chips. I REALLY want to kiss your Blarney Stone and search for Nessy. I hope to play a penny whistle with skill and reel on my fiddle. I will play a jig today in honor of you.

Are you having a St. Patty's themed dinner tonight? What's on the menu?

2 comments:

Ammieloris said...

That little girl is so so cute!
I like St. Patrick's Day, too, and I've got no Irish heritage to speak of. Maybe the hubs does...

Sarah said...

I LOVE this picture of Elaine! I had lots of good intentions for St. Patrick's Day but the only fun food we ended up having was green yogurt for breakfast. The boys were completely wild about that idea and I made sure everyone was wearing some green. :)At least we had some potatoes with our dinner.